If we have a limited to no knowledge on certain things, we should only listen to experts as they have the credibility to tell us accurately what is what. For events like draught proofing sash windows, you should seek help from a draught proofing sash windows specialist as they will tell you what to do. For instances that you don’t know or cannot find an expert, feel free to read through this and we will tell you all about draught proofing sash windows from an expert’s point of view.
HOW DOES DRAUGHT PROOFING SASH WINDOWS WORK?
This method works by stopping the cold are currents from coming in your home. When you diminish these currents, you do not need as much energy to heat your home. Even with the heat off, you will still have a more comfortable exterior. This means a more comfortable and relax environment and time to read or watch movies.
They can make you less dependent on heating to keep your home warm and comfortable during winter if your draught seals are installed and used correctly. In order to get the most effective draught seal, however, you should expect tight fit for minimal openings, a rubber seal and a permanent seal. Draught proofing should be done once to enhance your windows and doors. It should not diminish the look or function and make sure that there is no clunky external sealing and nothing that makes your windows or doors difficult to open.
BENEFITS OF DRAUGHT PROOFING
To achieve greater comfort, we must keep on looking for options and the benefits they provide when we invest them. Here are some key benefits draught proofing window frames provide:
1. Increase energy efficiency
– Draught proofing is a fantastic way of reducing heat loss in the home. This means your heating system won’t have to work as hard or be on for as long to produce a comfortable temperature.
2. Lower energy bills
– A heating system that doesn’t have to work as hard means you’ll be using less energy, resulting in lower energy bills.
3. Lower carbon footprint
– Reducing energy consumption with draught proofing windows helps you reduce your own carbon footprint and be part to mitigate the event so climate change. If you have a fossil fuel powered heating system such as a gas boiler, it will be used less resulting in fewer carbon emissions being released into the atmosphere.
– They are cheap and works 100% of the time as long as they are installed properly. They do not become a on time use, they can be used throughout the year and still functions during winter which they are purposedly installed for.
5. Easy installation
– They can be installed by yourself as a DIY project or a professional. If this is your first time it might be wise to let professionals do the job first especially if you are not handy.
6. Increase home value
– A home that efficient and cheap to run are the things that attract potential buyers. The increased level of efficiency will be an attractive selling point. The same is true for other types of insulation.
COMMON PLACES TO DRAUGHT PROOF
If you inspect around your house, you might find places that have gaps in them and sometimes you fail to spot them, here are the major areas around the house where draught can seep into:
- Floorboards and skirting boards
- Loft hatches
- Old extractor fans
- Cracks in walls
WHAT IS SOUNDPROOFING?
To increase a window’s ability to block sound and increase its STC rating, the window manufacturer must:
- Add mass (make the glass thicker)
- Add air space (increase the distance between window panes)
- Use laminated glass, a glass-plastic-glass sandwich that further reduces noise transmission
WHY CHOOSE US?
Draught proofing sash windows is one of the services we provide here. We also provide timber window draught proofing, draught proofing window frames and the like. We provide cheap yet top-quality service to our clients. We make sure that we assess the clients needs and wants and then share our professional opinion to come up with the best possible solution. If you have any questions, explore our official website or contact us so we can directly reply to your questions.